Address: Cairo Governorate - Al-Gamaliah - Al-Mu'izz Street
Nearest Parking: Al- Darrasa parking behind Al-Hussein Mosque.
Available Transportations: Car, Taxi, Metro
Egyptian Textile Museum is sabil was built on Al-Mu'izz Street by Muhammad Ali Pasha in 1244 AH / 1828 as a charity on the spirit of his son Ismail who died in Sudan. It was converted in 2010 into the Egyptian textile museum.
The tickets window closes at 4.30 PM
- Large bags, large backpacks, Luggage or parcels larger than 40x40 cm are not permitted into the museum, but you will be allowed to store them in the cloakroom. - Bags and backpacks may be subject to search at any time. - Do not bring any sharp items or dangerous materials into the museum, such as knives, screwdrivers, scissors, and firearms. These items must be stored in the cloakroom. - Do not bring umbrellas into the museum, please leave store them in the cloakroom. - Do not bring folding seats or any other type of transportable seating inside the galleries before you obtain permission from the museum security. - Animals or pets are not allowed to enter the museum. - Musical instruments are not allowed inside the museum. - Do not bring any advertising banners or carry placards or signs inside the museum unless you obtain approval from the concerned authorities.
- Private photography is permitted inside the museum after paying ticket fees. - Please refrain from taking photographs of other visitors or staff as it may violate their personal rights. - Please refrain from taking video recordings (cell phone, cameras) in the galleries unless you have paid the appropriate ticket fees. - Taking photographs and video recordings for commercial use (TV, cinema, programmes, advertising, documentary clips, et) are permitted only after obtaining permission from the concerned authority and paying the daily rate. - Please refrain from using flash photography. - Please refrain from using tripods or monopods except for permitted commercial use.
- Please do not touch any exhibits or showcases. - Food and drinks are not allowed within the galleries, except for small water bottles. - Smoking is prohibited throughout the museum. - Please refrain from disorderly, disruptive, and offensive language or actions. - Please be mindful of others, and be quiet when using your cell phone. - Audio players are not permitted throughout the museum. - For the safety of the exhibits, please do not use flashlights or laser pointers inside the museum. - Appropriate attire is requested. - Please do not lay down on seats or on the floor, and do notremove your shoes. - Please follow all posted signs and visitor instructions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult insidethe museum at all times. - For the safety of your children and the exhibits, please ensure that children do not run, play, or bump into exhibits or visitors.
With regards to the students of Art Faculties, please conduct yourself respectively in regards to the following: - The use of pens and pen markersare prohibited in all galleries: only pencils may be used in taking notes or sketching. - Sketchbooksexceeding 18 x 24 inches are not permitted. - Please do not hinder visitor traffic flow in the galleries by blocking visitors or walking paths.
- In times of emergency such as an earthquake or fire, please follow the instructions of museum staff. - In the event of an earthquake, please move away from large sculptures, displaycases, and other objects that may fall down.