Muhammad Ali Pasha established it in 1236 AH / 1820 AD in memory of his son, Prince Ahmed Tousun Pasha (1208-1231 AH / 1794-1816 AD). He was buried in the cemetery of the Muhammad Ali’s family in al-Imam al-Shafi’.
This sabil is located in the al-Aqadin area on al-Muizz Street. It consists of two floors: first floor contains tasbil room (water fountain room), the second floor used as a kuttab (school).
The sabil was built in the distinctive Ottoman style, the façade is semi-circular with five metal windows provide passersby with water. The marble decorations on the façade were executed in the Baroque and Rococo style. The façade was also decorated with verses of poetry written in the Ottoman Turkish language.