This Sabil is located at the intersection of Al-Mu’iz and Tambakshiya streets. Prince Abd al-Rahman Katkhuda al-Qazdagli, and Ottoman military man, established it in 1157 AH / 1744 AD. Prince Katkhuda was interested in constructing various buildings in Cairo.
The sabil consists of the rectangular sabil room and its three facades. Each façade had a copper window and was fronted on the outside with marble basins for drinking.
The Sabil’s interior walls were paneled with ceramic tiles (faience) decorated with various ottoman floral motifs. Some tiles bear an illustration of the Great Mosque in Mecca and verses from the Quran.
Above the sabil was a school dedicated to teaching Muslim orphans the Holy Qur’an and the prophetic traditions. The entrance door is surmounted by an inscription consisting of verses of poetry, the name of the founder and the date of completion. There is also a square space inside in which the names of the ‘sleepers of the cave’ were carved and encircled.