This palace is located on al-Suyufiyya Street in the al-Khalifah neighborhood. It was commissioned by Prince “Sayf al-Din Taz”,Dawadar of Sultan al-Saleh Ibn al-Nassir Mohamed Ibn Qalaun, deputy of Aleppo, in 753 AH / 1352 AD.
It is one of the finest and most beautiful examples of Bahari Mamluk palace architecture. It is also the largest in area. Its most important characteristic is the seat which overlooking the large inner courtyard and its beautifully decorated halls.
The ceilings are decorated with geometric and plant motifs, while the walls bear bands that record the titles of the Emir and his emblem, the cup which indicates to his job. The ceiling of one of the halls is decorated with an inscription band consisting Persian calligraphy from passages from Imam al-Busiri’s Burda (poem in praise of Prophet Muhammad, God bless him and grant him peace), executed in white color.