It is in the east of the Mamluk cemetery in Cairo, established by Sultan al-Nasir Faraj ibn Barquq sometime between 801-813 AH/ 1398-1411 AD. This complex is one of the largest architectural units in Egypt. It consists of a mosque, a khanqah for Sufis, and a madrasa (school). It is also the burial place of Sultan Barquq and his family. There are two sabils on the main façade. The most important features of this complex are the two minarets and domes. In 1940, the Committee for the Preservation of Arab Antiquities exerted great efforts in restoring this complex.