The Coptic Museum is located within boundaries of Roman fortress of Babylon, in Complex of Religions area of Old Cairo. The Coptic Museum houses the largest collection of Coptic antiquities in the world. The museum consists of two wings connected by a corridor; Old wing opened on March 14, 1910 AD, and new wing opened on February 20, 1947 AD. On December 20, 2021 AD, the Board of Directors of Supreme Council of Antiquities decided to register the Coptic Museum building among Islamic, Coptic and Jewish monuments.
The museum houses collection of the finest artifacts that express Coptic art. The museum contains 26 halls, in addition toAncient Egypt Churches Hall. The number of museum's holdings is about 16,000 artifacts, which are on display and in stock.