The exterior of the palace’s mosque is covered with various decorative patterns and Arabic calligraphy, all carved in exquisitely well executed relief. The portal, just as elegantly decorated with reliefs, features a graceful pointed arch. On the either side of the entrance is a panel executed in beautiful calligraphy. The one on the right is the mosque’s foundation plaque, and the one on the left lists the names of the artists and craftsmen who worked on the mosque. The latter also gives the mosque’s foundation date -the year 1352 AH (1933 AD).
The interior of the mosque is rectangular divided into two sections. The minbar (pulpit) and the mihrab are located in the one in the eastern one, on the right. The kursi of the muqri (the seat of Quran reciter) is located in the western and its made of wood and decorated with gilded Quranic verses. All the walls of the mosque are covered with beautiful ceramic tiles and the ceiling here is breath.
The rectangular clock tower -actually the minaret of the mosque -was built the same architectural style as the late 12th-century AD minaret of Hassan Mosque in Rabat, Morocco, built by the Almohad Caliphate. The facade features a clock in the same style as the clock commissioned by Prince Muhammad Ali’s brother Khedive Abbas Helmi II (1309 -1333 AH / 1892 -1914 AD) in the Cairo Railway Station. The Tower is decorated with floral motifs in relief. The entrance is surmounted by a frieze is containing a beautiful Arabic calligraphy of the basmala, the phrase bism Allah al-Rahman al-Rahim ‘in the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merficul’. Each face of the tower also has a balcony resting on stone corbels near the top all four sides have a rectangular bar decorated with star patterns.